Saturday, July 22, 2017

A FEW WEEKEND LAUGHS

Perspective
A question given to a banker, an electrician, and a politician was, "What term would you use to describe the problem that results when outflow exceeds inflow?" The banker wrote, "Overdraft." The electrician wrote, "Overload." The politician wrote, "What problem?"

No Pain

A woman and her husband interrupted their vacation to go to the dentist. "I want a tooth pulled, and I don't want any pain killers because I'm in a big hurry," the woman said. "Just extract the tooth as quickly as possible, and we'll be on our way." The dentist was quite impressed. "You're certainly a courageous woman," he said. "Which tooth is it?" The woman turned to her husband and said, "Show him your tooth, dear."

Lost

An American and his wife were driving in Canada and got lost on the prairie. After what seemed like forever, they finally came to a city. When they saw a gentleman on the sidewalk they pulled up to the curb and the lady wound down her window and asked: "Excuse me, sir. Where are we?" The gentleman replied, "Saskatoon, Saskatchewan." The woman rolled up the window, turned to her husband and said, "We really are lost. They don't even speak English here!"

Packaging

Recently, I bought a cartridge for my printer. It came in a box mounted on a card and wrapped in plastic. When I took it apart, I found that the printer cartridge itself was actually quite small, but they made the packaging unnecessarily large to make it harder to steal and to make the customer feel better about the high price. I pointed this out to my wife and mentioned how my weight gain over the years of our marriage should have the same effect: It made me seem more valuable and also made me harder for other women to steal. She's still laughing.

Changing Times

My granddaughter came to spend a few weeks with me, and I decided to teach her to sew. After I had gone through a lengthy explanation of how to thread the machine, she stepped back, put her hands on her hips, and said in disbelief, "You mean you can do all that, but you can't operate a cell phone?"

No comments:

Post a Comment