Monday, January 15, 2018

Time for a change

Good evening everyone,
This post is a difficult one for me to write. For five years my friends and I have posted on this page almost daily. We have shared good news, sad news, laughs and tips for survival. What started as a way to communicate upcoming OIB events grew and ultimately took on a life of its’ own.

When I struggled to find time to keep this up, Bob and Johnye stepped up to help. They researched and posted daily. Sarah spent hours on recipes and sales ads, Roy kept us all entertained with his contributions. This remarkable team helped me keep my sanity! Based on the number of readers, you enjoyed it also.

Fast forward five years, WSB is stable and growing thanks to new leadership. I have taken on  a different role and simply do not have time for the blog. My friends are tired and deserve a break.WSB has staff with writing and public relations expertise and they will now use the platform to advance the WSB mission much more eloquently than I. With over 60,000 hits this blog has a active readership and I hope you will continue to read the blog and support WSB.

We will continue to post our OIB events and schedules so please continue to read the blog. I hope you will continue to support the mission of WSB and our OIB program. This is not the end, just a change.

Thanks again for all your support—to my team, I could not have managed this without you!

Stay safe and well,
Janet

1 comment:

  1. Hey Guys! This is Shelly. I will be taking over the blog. I will post as much and often as I can. If there is something you would like to see on the blog, then shoot me an email. satkins@wsblind.org. I will see what I can do for you. I will start posting articles and jokes and recipes just as soon as I figure this thing out. Look forward to it and hope you enjoy it!!
    Thanks Shelly!! :)

    ReplyDelete