Sunday, November 17, 2013

Insurance update

After a day of studying, calling and reading my notes....I AM MORE CONFUSED! It seems most of our clients, who are happy with their plan have: Humana PPO, Care Improvement Plus or Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO. Having said that, the doctors I called last week were pushing Humana. Keep in mind they push what provides them the most income but the flip side is they work to make money. Therefore, they want patients who have the insurance they have a relationship with. That is why the service is called "any willing provider". I suggest everyone call their doctors office tomorrow, ask what insurance they will take next year and go from there.

If you need prescription coverage, let's consider one of the AARP plans. We use that in my house and have been happy. Remember you must disclose all your prescriptions and then the computer tells you which plans you are eligible to participate in.

I will be calling those of you with changes this week to see if I can help.
Until tomorrow,
Dr. Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment