Sunday, May 5, 2013

Monday, May 6

It is a new week so let's make it a great one! Keep repeating that as you get out of bed.....
Last week, the Arkansas Democrat Gazette ran the On Computers section. This is one of my favorite weekly columns and it is written by Bob and Joy Schwabach who are mature techie folks.  Last week had a list of their favorite apps. These include: Scrabble (the game), Kindle (reading app tied to Amazon.com), Chrome (the Google browser), Pocket, Appy Geek, and Coinkeeper (a budgeting app).  I am not familiar with Pocket or Appy Geek but I hope to find time to research them o the App Store.

Try StumbleUpon.com. It is touted as a free fun app which operates just as the name implies. It claims you will find amazing and obscure sites. Can you believe it has been 20 years since the web became available for the general public? The number of web pages available is mind boggling to me. Yet we have become so dependent on the instant access to information. If I lose Internet access, I almost panic!

Have a great week, visit the blog often and let me hear from you.
Until tomorrow,
Dr. Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment