Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Thursday tidbits for May 9

Good morning friends,
My dear friend, Johnye is helping me with topics of interest to everyone in our group. Today she found a great article on NFB Newsline about remote access to help others. Unfortunately, Newsline copyrights their items and I can't legally repost so I will have to summarize. This sounds like important information for Johnye, Tim and Sam (hint, hint!) so they can help others who find themselves in a jam. The free programs will allow remote access to the computer and will allow the person given access to repair, reset or just determine what the problem might be. This could be very beneficial and save a tremendous amount of money for those who have to pay for tech support services. I haven't used either program since I am not a repair expert. Here's hoping our tech guys and gals will check into this and let us know their findings.

The apps are: LogMeIn Free and TeamViewer.  They appeared the way I typed them in the original article. If you don't find them in the App Store, you can probably google them.

A special thanks to Johnye for taking the time to help me. If any of you find articles or topics of interest to our group please let me know. You can comment here on the page or send an email to: jford@wsblind.org

Have a great Thursday!
Until tomorrow,
Dr. Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment