Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Good morning everyone!
The storms have passed and it appears we will have beautiful weather coming our way. Hopefully, the folks impacted by the storms will have good weather to continue the cleanup. The storms in Oklahoma and Texas reinforce how fragile life can be.

Dorothy and Johnye both asked which NOAA app I mentioned yesterday. I apologize for not checking that yesterday morning. When I downloaded my copy,  it was free and there was only one. imagine my surprise to look at the App Store and find multiple versions which do not look like mine! I decided the one closest to my version is the first one listed which is NOAA Radio HD. Today it is on sale for $1.99. The free apps are probably OK, I just don't know if they are blind friendly. The NOAA endorsed apps will be connected to the Weather Service and give out more details. This is the same benefit you would receive from the weather radio. Unfortunately, we only think about these things when the storms are coming. When the sun is shining, it is hard to remember that Arkansas is located in tornado alley.  Let me know which app you download and if you feel it is blind friendly.

Which apps are you using? We all have our favorites. Please drop me a line and let me know your favorites and those you would recommend to others in our community. As you can tell, when I find one I like, I tend to just stay with it rather than learn a new one. I would like to develop a list of blind friendly apps which we are actually using and include them in the blog.

Until tomorrow, count your blessings and remember those in need,
Dr.Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment