Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tech Tuesday

Good morning friends,
The sun is rising on another beautiful spring day! These low humidity days are to be enjoyed as the humidity will begin rising soon.

Yesterday's Democrat Gazette had a long article on the FDA approved electronic eye. The device does not restore perfect vision but just being able to see shapes and distinguish light is remarkable. Eye doctors are currently being trained on implanting the device. I am very anxious to hear more from one of our local doctors and to visit with a recipient. From what I have read in the paper and online, it is becoming a popular option despite the cost.

I have previously written about replacing my laptop with a non apple operating system. I played with a Samsung tablet with keyboard which uses the Windows 8 operating system at Staples. On first glance, it appears to fit my needs but it is more costly than I hoped. The tablet is $499 and the keyboard is $150. The Windows 8 reviews are mixed. This is to be expected because rivals often post negative comments in hopes of gaining or retaining market shares. However, Microsoft doesn't seem to be pushing the Windows 8 quite as vigorous as past systems which makes me nervous.

Help me out before I spend my hard earned money, what are your thoughts? What have you heard?
Have any suggestions?
Let me hear from you!

Spread the laughter, share the cheer, let's be happy, while we're still here. (Thanks to Penny for today's smile)

Until tomorrow,
Dr. Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment