Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Wednesday 5/15/13

Preparing for our weekend events is always such fun! I love it when you all get involved and are excited. The phones are buzzing and 20 people are expected for Saturday's fun!

Sarah is feeling better and sent this amazing recipe which I am going to include in our packet. For those of you who live outside of central Arkansas please be patient. We will bring our traveling show to you in the next few weeks!

Thanks to Sarah for the recipe! I can't wait to try it.


Chicken & Dumpling Casserole
Regular Rotisserie chicken from store (debone and pulled apart into small pieces not shredded)
2 cups chicken broth (I used 1-14 oz can Kroger chicken broth)
1/2 stick butter (I used margarine)
2 cups Bisquick
2 cups milk (I used low fat)
1 can cream of chicken soup (Generic is fine)
3 teaspoons of chicken granules (Generic is fine)
1/2 teaspoon of ground sage (I sprinkled some on the chicken)
1 teaspoon black pepper (I sprinkled some on the chicken)
 
Preheat oven 350 degrees
 
Layer in 9 x 13 casserole dish, (I used two throw away cake aluminum pans, for easy clean up now and to freeze cooked one for later)
Melt 1/2 stick butter
Spread chicken over butter
Sprinkle black pepper and sage over the chicken
Mix well in a bowl milk and Bisquick
Pour over the chicken slowly
Mix well in Med bowl chicken broth, chicken granules and soup. 
Pour over chicken mixture, do not stir
Bake 30-40 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Salt to your taste (I found it was salty enough for us since we are watching out salt intake)(Chicken granules have a lot of salt in them)
Note: It will be juicy so be careful when taking out of oven, will thicken up as it cools

No comments:

Post a Comment