Thursday, December 5, 2013

December 5 and counting

Good morning friends,
The weathermen and women are saying we are in for a miserable weekend! Please check your medicine and renew any necessary prescriptions today. Also, be sure you have plenty of food which does not have to be cooked. The chances of power loss are the real danger with this storm. Charge your phone and iPad. Be sure you close all the apps to reserve battery life. If you have a fireplace, try to have it inspected before you use it. Birds, squirrels, possums and other Arkansas critters tend to live in your fireplace and the upper workings where we don't see or hear them. Unfortunately, when you crank it up and burn their home and belongings you are endangering your house! Those title boogers have used your home as a dumping ground and it is very easy to catch your roof on fire. Be very careful!
My local Wal Mart was stripped bare last night! I can't help but wonder do people really sit around and eat bread and drink milk when it storms? Personally, if it snows that is when I like to cook and if the power is out I am usually so stressed I go for the chocolate! I realize sandwiches are a mainstay but Wal mart always has lunch meat but no bread!
I have to confess I obsess over storms and food after surviving all those hurricanes!
Stay safe....until tomorrow,
Dr. Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment