Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sunny Saturday

Good morning! I hope everyone will open the door and enjoy the beautiful spring sunshine today!
Johnye found an interesting item yesterday. While using EARL (previous post topic) she ran across the Matilda Ziegler Magazine for the Blind. In the magazine was an advertisement for a portable scanner. This particular concept is designed to use any cell phone or iPod with a back facing camera (opposite side from the screen) as the camera and will photograph a document using a flat surface. What makes this special? There are no cords, cards or buttons! This is simply a stand being used as a light box. Once the image is captured, it will be up to the user to move it to a productivity application. The promise is that we can snap, transfer to the productivity app and then have voice over read the document. Will it work? I don't know but....I have ordered one to try and will let you know in a few days. I love the concept so I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks Johnye for sending me the link. Anyone else finding promising technology?

Remember it is not what we gather but what we scatter that will be our legacy! Do something good.
Until tomorrow,
Dr. Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment